There are no upcoming events
2013 Fall Grants
District Wide Grant
- Describe Your World - Denise Durbin, $287 - Expanding expression tools for speech therapy.
Early Childhood Center
- Just ROLL with it, Baby! - Julie Bloss, $375 - Instructional Dice for each ECC Classroom
- I See You with IPAD and ELMO - Erin Meyer, $59.98 - Adapter to allow the iPad to be used with the ELMO and SmartBoard.
- ELMO to the Rescue - Randi Adrews and Allison Roye, $1,582 - 2 Elmo projectors for Kindergarten classrooms.
- An APPLE a Day (Reflector) - Deana Glasgow, $157 - Adapters needed to allow the iPad to be used with the SmartBoard.
- Lights! Camera! Music! - Lisa Lovelady, $903.27 - Music software to teach basic music skills and engage students.
- Water Conservation - Labs Deitra Roberts, $904.69 - Water conservation labs teach students about ground water and the role it plays in the hydrologic cycle.
- Speak It! Hear It! Write It! - Lori Hines, $149.52 - Utilizing voice recorders to teach students how to enhance and more accurately record their thoughts in writing.
- Keys to Success - Carol Hunsperger, $325 - Purchase of keyboards to allow students to better utilize iPads in subjects such as writing
- Journey into Reading - Miranda Woods, G Flynn, D Davis, $528.50 - Literacy center activities to reinforce comprehension at higher levels.
- Lifetime Fitness - Kim Hacker, $2,977.41 - Materials and program to teach health and fitness education.
- Whooo's in My Pellet - Kim Hampton, $372.90 - Owl pellets for dissection during science unit.
- E is for Exciting! E-Books - Dala Davis, $465 - The use of earphones and e-books will engage and excite students, while helping the teacher improve their comprehension and fluency.
- It's the Law - Donna Deason, $1,036 - Straw rockets and ping pong launchers will be utilized to enhance mastery I Newton's Laws of Motion.
- iLearn better with Technology *partial - Teachers: Crouch, Pollan, Collins, Gordon, & Jarvis, $8,104.33.
- Unlimited Resources: Revolutionizing Special Ed *partial - Teachers: Martin, Miller, and Clinesmith, $4,833 - The purchase of three iPads for the special needs department allows teachers to provide differentiated instruction and address all modalities of learning.
- Be the change-say no to bullying - Bobby Kreutz, $196.49 - Anti-bullying program will empower high school students to teach and promote anti-bullying message for elementary students.
- Teaching Teens with Terrific Technology - Alaina Hilliard, $1,150 - Geometry software will help educators teach at a higher level, giving students a visual, hands-on opportunity to better grasp geometry concepts.
- GHS Band Educational Experience in DC - Joe Wilhelm, $2,000 Partial funding to take learning out of the classroom and into the real world as the GHS Band students take in a variety of educational activities during their trip to DC.
- Typing Toward Our Future - Briana Thurman, $1,218 - Revolutionary web-based keyboarding software that teaches students how to type properly, a mandatory skill in today's tech savvy environment.
- The Inside School - Terri Guthridge, $200 - Students will enhance their opportunities to learn by utilizing iMovies to make trailers for major book projects.
- Grow Grove - Marc Cooper, $1,355.71 - A portable grow lab to be used along with the existing green house to help students better grasp the subject in the the Botany class.
- Put My Students on "PROBEationa" with LabQuest - Valerie Epperson $6,181 - LabQuest2 is a hand-held device utilized in the laboratory setting to analyze data and data collection by use of 9 sensors and probes.